Kirsten Johnson’s presentation shows the instincts a
filmmaker follows in order to get a shot of something. I loved her energy and
the way she approached it. I believe it is the way filmmakers should follow: being
comfortable and just be looking around for something. When it came to her walking
around the auditorium she was talking to people and asking questions. It was as
if she was looking for something. As if she was going by her gut instincts. When
she eventually found something, she sat next to that person and just asked a
few questions about them in order to learn more about them. It would eventually
lead to her to learning something about the person that she didn’t know before.
Another thing that she did was lay on the floor. I think she did this for two
reasons. The first reason being she wants to establish a
connection/relationship with her subject. By getting on the ground level with
them it shows that she sees an interest with someone and wants to be equal with
them. The second reason shows that when filming there is no one certain way to filming
something. Kirsten proved it when she spoke about how she filmed the carrots in
her film, The Above. She also explained how she used parts of legs to turn her
body when filming something else. I think the main take away from the lecture
is to not be afraid to film anything. You should always be on the look for
anything and everything that catches your attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment