Monday, October 14, 2019

The Soundwalk

   
My soundwalk took place between 2 and 3pm. Since this was during the afternoon one keynote I was hearing were cars. The cars had a way of becoming both the foreground and background noises as I would hear them from a distance and then coming closer and louder. It was a scale of low to high and low again as the transition was smooth throughout. I would notice this as a kid when sitting in the backseat looking out the window. Other sound signals that I expected to hear during the walk where the wind chimes and the leaves.
Since it is now autumn the wind is starting to make its presence known thus hearing the wind chimes. When it came to the wind affecting the leaves there was a cycle. My attention started with the looking up at the trees while the wind was hitting against it. It would make a cool, breezy sound that would remind me of spring and how the same thing would occur. Some of the leaves or pedals would break off and sometimes spin giving a light tap or skid on the street or sidewalk.
I would even step on piles of leaves that curled up and collected with other leaves giving a good crunch sound when walking on them. It was something that I would do when walking home from school. It is something that I still do in which I would coordinate my steps so one foot fully steps on either a big leaf or pile of leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kirsten Johnson Presentation

Kirsten Johnson’s presentation shows the instincts a filmmaker follows in order to get a shot of something. I loved her energy and the w...